Hi everyone! Happy Friday
I’m at the United Lounge in Newark Airport awaiting my flight to Paris.
My suitcase weighed in at 61 lbs, at least 10 lbs of which was food. LOL. I brought:
- Two containers of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Protein Powders (in Original & Cafe Mocha)
- 5 lbs almonds from Whole Foods 365 Everyday Organic
- 1 lb oats from Whole Foods 365 Everyday Organic
- 1 lb chia seeds from Bob’s Red Mill
- FYI this is the best deal for chia seeds that I could find online
- 1 lb soy milk powder from Better Than Milk Vegan Soy Powder
- 20 Think Thin White Chocolate bars
Oh, and I also have some clothes and shoes with me…
Also, an update:
If you’re ever in NYC and want the name of a good but reasonably priced hair dresser, email me!
Moving forward: I have NO IDEA what we’ll be doing in Paris but my colleagues thankfully planned a few things. Question: how do you feel about leisurely travel with colleagues? I’ve actually never done it before and I was feeling anxious because at the end of the day, they are still people you work with and you can’t just do whatever. But, I’m trying this new thing called: don’t predict a situation before it happens. It could be (and will likely be) an amazing time for all, so I just need to chill
Anyhow, your personal life can take a backseat when travelling for work, as I know from many years of experience, and rather than always saying it, this time I want do this things differently, once and for all.
I have set some personal goals that I will do my very best to meet over the next three weeks. Instead of doing my weekly series, the week ahead, this will be more like, the next three weeks ahead :P
- Eat a big, green salad with protein every day for lunch
- Eat a big vegetable plate with whole grains every day for dinner
- Run for 45 minutes every evening after dinner
- Weight train for 20 minutes every evening after dinner
- Have protein drink every evening after workout
- Stretch and do some light yoga for 15 minutes every evening before bed
- Take a hot soak in the bath (with my new yogi bath oil from my goodie bag!)
- Skype with Tats every evening before bed
- Prepare overnight oats for breakfast every evening before bed
- Read for at least 30 minutes every evening before bed
- Jot down thoughts in journal when feeling stressed instead of internalizing it
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
- Skype with Mama & Baba every evening before bed
- Blog at least 4-5 times/ week
- Write product reviews for items in beauty goodie bag
- Share pictures of daily meals and tips for how to eat a healthy, plant-based diet while travelling (don’t feel embarrassed of taking too many pictures!)
- Share learnings from the week
- Go for walks or runs outside the hotel on days when the weather permits
- Attend group dinner at least once a week
- Minimize drinking to 1-2 glasses of wine when eating out
Weekend Goals (when travelling with colleagues)
- Wear comfortable shoes; this means no heels!
- Low maintenance packing
- Zero expectations or assumptions; just look forward to a good time
- Organize and coordinate at least one or two meals; propose at least one of those meals be at a vegan restaurant!
- Pack almonds, fruits, and Think Thin bars (at least 2) in purse (nothing is worse than a hangry Ting!)
- No shopping, especially for shoes, even if it is the deal of the century (a shelf in my shoe closet recently collapsed due to sheer weight)
- Make vegan choices at restaurants and don’t feel embarrassed or ashamed if it takes extra instruction or effort by the restaurant
WHEW. I tell you: once I start typing, the flood gates open!
I’ve got to get going now because I have an hour before my flight boards and I want to read my book, The Body Book, by my girl, Cameron D. I haven’t cracked it open yet but I am really excited to start reading, so it’s time to sign off.
See you all later, in Paris!!